IE8 Can't open https web pages
dtsoi03
2008-10-11 07:20:00 UTC
My IE 8 beta 2 browser has problem opening any https web pages that require a
secure log in. I have checked that SSL TLS have been enabled under security
on Advanced tab. I also received following error mesages on

The following erro message found in XP diagnostic connection problem:

HTTPS: Error 12169 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The supplied
certificate is invalid

error Could not make an HTTPS connection.

Any suggestion to fix it would be appreciated.
dtsoi03
2008-10-12 21:54:00 UTC
Hi R. C.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried using compatibility view but it
doesn't open any https pages either, Any more suggestions? Thanks again.

dtsoi03.
Hi, dtsoi03.
Have you tried accessing that site using Compatibility View? This replaces
the "Emulate IE7" button from IE8b1. You'll find it on the Tools menu.
RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
dtsoi03
2008-10-14 06:24:00 UTC
I have recently installed and uninstalled AOL 9.1; I wonder if this have any
effect on the IE setting. While I can open any web pages that require a
secure log in with Firefox 3.03 I can't seem to open any URL that starts with
https in IE even though I have uninstalled IE 8 beta 2.

By the way is it a way to remove IE 7 on XP SP3 home edition? I can' t
find a "remove" button in the "Add or remove program" for IE 7, thanks
again.

Dtsoi03.
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
2008-10-14 07:15:25 UTC
Post by dtsoi03
My IE 8 beta 2 browser has problem opening any https web pages that require a
secure log in. I have checked that SSL TLS have been enabled under security
on Advanced tab. I also received following error mesages on
HTTPS: Error 12169 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The supplied
certificate is invalid
error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
Any suggestion to fix it would be appreciated.
If SP3 was installed after IE7 then you will have to remove SP3 in order to
remove IE7
--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email