Uninstall IE8 B2
The Kat
2009-01-18 03:20:01 UTC
It's almost there, but IE8 B2 is not ready for prime time on my system. How
do I UNinstall the program and revert ot IE7 ON AN XP SP3 SYSTEM?
IE 8 is arbitrarily blocking photos, news feeds, Paypal, and file downloads.
Just want to return to IE7 until I get a project finished.

NOTE: IE7 works fairly well when combined with the added IR7Pro program.
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]
2009-01-18 05:20:23 UTC
Post by The Kat
It's almost there, but IE8 B2 is not ready for prime time on my system.
How do I UNinstall the program and revert ot IE7 ON AN XP SP3 SYSTEM?
IE 8 is arbitrarily blocking photos, news feeds, Paypal, and file
downloads. Just want to return to IE7 until I get a project finished.
NOTE: IE7 works fairly well when combined with the added IR7Pro program.
See (Install & Uninstall IE8 B2):
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/08/27/upgrading-to-internet-explorer-8-beta-2.aspx

And
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/en-us
"How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2"
--
Vincenzo Di Russo
The Kat
2009-01-19 01:03:03 UTC
Thanks. I finally found an answer late last night and chose sleeping over
updating my query.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

Note: IE8 did NOT appear in the installed file list. Further, the IE8
install program crashed until I removed IE7 - there was no fall-back program
as stated on many of the sites, including the one above. If you cannot find
IE8 on your program list, go directly to the SECOND solution on the site:

Alternative steps for Windows XP or for Windows Server 2003.

If you deleted IE6 or 7, download that program BEFORE you uninstall IE8.
When you reboot after removing IE8, you can reinstall the earlier browser and
you're net access is restored. Even if you did not eliminate the previous
browser, you might want to have the current version of IE 6-7 just in case...