IE8 problem with mcafee
maggie
2008-12-12 11:57:00 UTC
after i loaded ie8 I would get a blank white screen when I opened mcafee. I
removed mcafee and reloaded got the same problem. so I uninstalled ie8 and
mcafee worked again.
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]
2008-12-12 12:10:59 UTC
Post by maggie
after i loaded ie8 I would get a blank white screen when I opened mcafee.
I removed mcafee and reloaded got the same problem. so I uninstalled ie8
and mcafee worked again.
Windows Internet Explorer 8 RTM has not been released yet.
You have installed IE8 Beta 2. What's a Beta Software?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_testing

Pick one, two or... three:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?query=mcafee&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta&cat=en_us_2BAF8EC5-645C-4477-A380-0F1CF6C102F9&lang=en&cr=us&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us
--
Vincenzo Di Russo
Peter
2008-12-12 17:06:38 UTC
It's a known issue and well documented on the web and at McAfee forums.
Uninstall IE8 for now.

Peter
Toronto, Canada
mcafee worked again.
David B. Mathews
2008-12-12 20:40:18 UTC
this has been a known bug for many many months.
mcafee worked again.
Jim
2008-12-15 08:58:00 UTC
Post by maggie
after i loaded ie8 I would get a blank white screen when I opened mcafee. I
removed mcafee and reloaded got the same problem. so I uninstalled ie8 and
mcafee worked again.
New Mcafee issue started two days ago after a major update. Now the first
browser opened freezes with a large 'blue bubble' comming from the Site
Advisor. This only started, like I said two days ago after an update which
required a restrt of PC.. If you open a new browser on top of the 'frozen'
screen it works OK.. Bloody Pain in th @ss..!
JohnC
2008-12-17 01:03:01 UTC
My experience was similar, disabling the McAfee site advisor in Manage
Add-ons -Toolbars and Extensions. stopped the callout freeze problem. Other
problem of McAfee Security Centre opening as an empty window persists.

Note:

Disabling

Name McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar
Publisher McAfee, Inc.
Status Disabled
File date 16 October 2008, 12:40
Version 1.0.0.0
Load time 0.00 s

also disables:
Name McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO
JohnC
2008-12-18 01:12:00 UTC
-As an update I found that the disabling of the McAfee site advisor had to
be repeated in each account on the same Vista computer. The quickest way to
do this in each case was to right click on the IE target on the Start menu
and choose Browse without Add-ons and then make the change.