IE8 Incompatible with McAfee Security Center
Nate
2008-12-19 23:59:15 UTC
I was wondering if others are experiencing problems with McAfee's Security
Center after installing the IE8 Beta? I don't see any reference to an
incompatibility on any MS sites, but all I get are blank McAfee windows
whenever I try to access any of their tools. What's worse, when I open IE8,
McAfee Site Advisor automatically opens an empty blank balloon window which
locks the browser. There's no way to proceed except to kill IE via the Task
Manager.

Once I uninstalled IE8 and reverted back to IE7, all returned to normal.
There were no other configuration changes on my system, so I'm relatively
sure that IE8 is incompatible with McAfee software.
Dennis Bryant BPC Solutions
2008-12-20 00:14:49 UTC
Nate, I have talked to Mcafee regarding this. They told me it was a known
issue and that no workaround has been found. I finally just had to drop
back to ie7. Now with that being said. Now I'm having problems with ie7
freezing up on me. I don't know for sure that ie8 uninstall had anything to
do with that. I will post when/if I find out more.
stekker
2008-12-20 03:05:00 UTC
I have exact same problem.... Called and dealt with on-line McAfee support...
they say it will work when final IE version is out. My first IE window on
browser fire-up locks w/ the white balloon pointing back to the Site
Advisor...... If I leave this window up I can go to the start ....
ieexplorer button seq. and get a working ie window. I disable the Site
Advisor and I gotta working IE8 Beta.

McAfee main window (sorta explorer "widget") that's supposed to sys status
is also all white framed by the McAfee logo..... my tray icon will exhibit
proper right-click functionality... as far as scanning and other stuff goes.

Like Bill used to say..... the browsers part of the OS....!
--
castellemare
Kayman
2008-12-20 10:03:22 UTC
Post by Nate
I was wondering if others are experiencing problems with McAfee's Security
Center after installing the IE8 Beta? I don't see any reference to an
incompatibility on any MS sites, but all I get are blank McAfee windows
whenever I try to access any of their tools. What's worse, when I open IE8,
McAfee Site Advisor automatically opens an empty blank balloon window which
locks the browser. There's no way to proceed except to kill IE via the Task
Manager.
Once I uninstalled IE8 and reverted back to IE7, all returned to normal.
There were no other configuration changes on my system, so I'm relatively
sure that IE8 is incompatible with McAfee software.
Yes, IE8 Beta is incompatible. "Due to an issue in Microsoft Windows
Internet Explorer 8 Beta, a blank screen is displayed when you launch
McAfee Security Center. Until Microsoft resolves this issue, the only
workaround is to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 Beta."
goorambatman
2008-12-23 01:44:03 UTC
McAfee problems have been resolved in IE8 RC1
Danno
2008-12-23 04:22:57 UTC
RC1? What is RC1? And where do I get it?

Thanks in advance,
Danno
--
---------
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.
rob^_^
2008-12-23 21:57:17 UTC
Hi Danno,

It is only available to beta testers on connect at the moment. It should be
available to the Public in the next few weeks once major issues have been
resolved and corrected.

Regards.
BigW999
Danno
2008-12-24 20:29:12 UTC
Thanx for the link, however, this is for XP only and I have Vista HP. Does
anyone know of a link for Vista?

I'm jealous,
Danno
--
---------
hellal
2009-01-28 06:44:01 UTC
ie 8 rc1 no compatible whit mcafee security center
i have i laptop hp dv7 1030eo vista ready internet eplorer 8 rc1 dont work
whit mcafee security center is blank in this moment no fix
Danno
2008-12-23 17:21:16 UTC
I want it! Where do I get it?

Thanks in advance,
Dann0
--
---------
rob^_^
2008-12-23 23:20:10 UTC
Give it a few weeks... Let the Software Development Life Cycle play out. We
have to ensure that all the critical issues have been addressed. There is
still some jello falling off the edges.

Here is a link to an un-official review - http://internetexplorer8.net/
Post by Danno
I want it! Where do I get it?
Thanks in advance,
Dann0
--
---------
Peter
2009-04-10 05:25:01 UTC
I called mc afee a week ago and they told me it was still incompatible
Robert Aldwinckle
2009-04-14 01:09:02 UTC
Post by Peter
I called mc afee a week ago and they told me it was still incompatible
Which? IE8rc1 or IE8rtw?

http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=229517&highlight=ie8

(Search of all open forums for
ie8
)

<quote timestamp="04-08-2009, 08:20 PM ">
IE8 final is compatible with McAfee by the way.
</quote>

Different Peter or have you changed your mind? ; )

---
Carpy
2008-12-31 12:06:01 UTC
Having same problem. Tried uninstalling IE 8.2 but it did not take. IE8.2
is stiil there and I don't know where IE7 is. In the Control Panel/Add or
Remove Programs there is now no IE program showing up. Still having same
problem. Hope this new fix comes out soon. Very frustrating.
--
Carpy
jjohns